Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Week Three

During the third week of the internship I continued my curatorial work and maintenance of the PastPerfect database. I restored the Maiden of the Roman Campagna which simply needed a refinishing as it had no significant damage or calcium deposits like the previous statues I worked on. In addition to the statue I also started working on text panels for the upcoming Maslenitsa celebration we'll be having at the museum. Maslenitsa is an Eastern Slavic tradition which is celebrated before the Great Lent and I'll be responsible for producing panels that inform the public about the holiday as well as hosting the Bliny (pancake) decorating station. The celebration seems promising and I'm sure everyone here will work hard to make sure our guests have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment