Friday, January 17, 2014

Week Two

During the second week of my internship I continued the previous work I was introduced to. I began work on updating the PastPerfect catalog to include objects on the site which hadn't been included on the catalog, including the two Limestone sculptures made by Walter Arnold as well as the terra cotta sculpture by De LaRobia near the chapel. Additionally I also updated some of the status of the pieces I have been working with with regard to their condition and any additional information which could prove useful to future catalog viewers.

In terms of curator work, I cleaned and waxed the Underwater Garden column on the right side of the apartment as it had some calcium deposits which needed tending to. The piece looks much nicer now with its new wax coat and should be fine for about another year, still I will keep an eye on it for any future marks. In addition to the Underwater Garden, the statue of St. Francis and the Wolf of Gubbio, sculpted by Ruth Sherwood, has received a cleaning and wax treatment. The piece was generally in good condition, however there were certain spots and calcium deposits which needed treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment