Friday, April 11, 2014

Week Thirteen

This week I worked with The Sower and once again with the Emily Fountain. The Winter Park Paint Out is happening soon and the most prevalent of the sculptures needed a touch up to really make their patinas shine for the myriad of guests that will be visiting over the next couple of weeks. The Sower is meant to represent Jesus as a "sower" of teachings and falls in line with Albin's religiosity that is expressed in various sculptures on the premise. The casting was already in great shape before I cleaned and waxed it, and now it looks even better. The Emily Fountain, being the centerpiece of the courtyard, also received a cleaning and waxing to really bring out the splendor of the work. The work on the Emily Fountain will also be the last of my work with the sculptures for the remainder of the internship as I'll be shifting my focus towards the accession and deaccession process with the Holy Art of Imperial Russia collection that we have at the museum. Following that, I will be assisting Rachel with the Winter Park Paint Out and that will round out my internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment