Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Week Ten

All is going well at the museum. I've continued working with the statues and making sure they're looking as nice as possible for the upcoming events the museum has planned. In addition to the maintenance of the statues I've begun to fill out the PastPerfect records with greater details and have tried to include the origins and stories of each of the sculptures. For this I used Ruth Sherwood's biography of Albin Polasek, Carving His Own Destiny. The book has provided some wonderful background for the inspiration of the artwork as well as the context in which they were thought of. As for the statues I worked with, this week I dedicated my time to making sure that the Risen Christ look as good as possible. The statue is quite tall which made the process a little more intricate than other pieces I've worked on, but overall it was a good learning experience and taught me about the vertical challenges that some curators may face in their time.

No comments:

Post a Comment