Thursday, February 6, 2014

Week Five

The weather has gotten better and conditions are now perfect for working again with the sculptures. The clear weather has also allowed me to do conservation assessments in between treatment of the sculptures. This means that the excel file containing the information about the sculptures I'm working with is getting filled out. I never thought I would be so proud of a spreadsheet. Aside from updating the catalog, I've been working with the 12 stations of the cross which are bronze and fiberglass castings of the crucifixion of Jesus. Polasek was a devoutly religious man and this is apparent throughout the collection stored in the museum. I've only partially completed the restoration process on the 12 castings, but by the middle of next week I should be finished and will start working on the other bronze sculptures. The goal is to have all of the bronze castings done by the middle of March and then try to get all of the concrete sculptures within a time span of two to three weeks after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment