Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Week Eight

Due to some transportation issues (i.e. my car breaking down)  I was unable to work on the statues during the week, however, I managed to fix the issue by the time of our Maslenitsa celebration here at the museum! It went very well, everyone had a great time learning about the holiday and certainly they all enjoyed the bliny Rachel made. Overall the celebration was a hit, we had somewhere around 200 unique visitors who were very receptive to the presentations (troika dancers and Russian holy art lecture) and activity stations (bliny, lady maslenitsa doll assembly, etc.). I think our visitors leaned a lot about Russian culture on that day, and the Russians present were great about discussing their cultures which allowed me to learn even more about the holiday and its significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment